What would you like to receive from Santa Claus this year? You may have heard it before, its well discussed that “The experiences in our life bring us better joys than toys.” As mountain bikers, I think most of us have a pretty good grasp on that even though we really like our toys. We do rely on gear to let us do what we do. I really do love all the new gear but some may be a little obsessed with finding that magical piece of gear that makes a ride a micro amount better. Put a good rider on just about anything and they will still be a good rider. Equipment is a small factor so this year’s first 2019 holiday gift guide will focus on the person and their experiences.
Why not buy a holiday for the holidays?
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Focus on the Person and Their Experiences 2019 Holiday Gift Guide:
- An all-inclusive riding trip: $600 – $3000+ Go somewhere! Most of the riding destinations have all-inclusive package deals that include everything you need even bikes. You’ll just need to get your ass there. Chasing Epic’s, Western Spirit, Hermosa Tours, and BC Bike Ride are a few that come to mind.
- For the more competitive: $100 – $2000 A big epic multi-day event like Breck Epic, Moab Rocks, Trans Rockies, BC Bike Race, Epic Rides or Blue Ridge Adventures and Pisgah Stage Race?
- Coaching $100-$400/month. Riders love to debate the best tires, bikes, geometry, suspension in there quest to move up the ladder on Strava. Coaching can offer way more than any carbon fiber bike part and make a healthier, happier, fitter and safer rider. Coaching is now highly done remotely through various training software by simply uploading rides. Ryan Leech Coaching is a great source for skills coaching as well as some great yoga. Our own group – Killer Coach or Peaks Coaching are some of the more fitness/training based offerings.
- For the Women: $90 – $400 Roam Fest womens only festivals and Ladies All Ride skills clinics exclusively for women. With two ladies only mountain bike festivals in Sedona and Brevard, the ladies of Roam have your gals gift covered.
- Mountain Bike Festival – $100-$200 This is one of our personal favorites! Sedona MTB Festival, Outerbike, Shenandoah MTB Festival, Eagle Outside, Ride Sun Valley, Wydaho/Teton MTB Festival are a few festivals to put on your bucket list.
- Education – Bike maintenance classes, wilderness first aid are great ideas.
- Support of Local Advocacy Group – The trails don’t take care of themselves. In most cases, the majority of the work is done by volunteers. Why not donate to a worthy non-profit like the one we love: Pisgah Area SORBA.
If you would rather buy “things”
Stay tuned for our holiday gift guides highlighting our favorite products that we use and love.
For anything bike or outdoor related – we do have fantastic affiliate partners that have nearly everything under the sun. Just click on any of the ads at the side of the page. We receive a small percentage of your purchases at no extra cost to you. And for that, we thank you very much and wish you a fantastic season!![/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]